30 Days of Little L - Day 28

Day 28 - A pic from last year, a pic from this year, and how you've changed

I took this pic in September of last year. I don't really remember why I was all made up and wearing my favorite sweater. I usually only get "dressed up" when we're going to one of Big's company functions, and I don't remember there being a company function in September. Though I suppose it's possible we had something to do in Schenectady (where Big works), and I went in with him. But then why do I have pigtails? I never wear pigtails to Big's office. That would be weird. I don't know. I'm at a loss. 

Not that my favorite sweater is dressy, exactly. It's not even a real sweater, either. It's this weird material that looks and feels like fleece but is definitely not fleece. And it's HUGE. What's funny about that is my mother bought it for me when I was at least 50 pounds lighter, and I couldn't figure out why she kept asking if I was sure I wanted to buy it in that size. I'm glad I did, though, because it has lasted me through 100 pounds of weight fluctuation. And it's so comfy! So I wear it whenever I need to dress up but want to be comfy. 

I took this picture on January 10th of this year. I was annoyed with my curls. They're new to me. I don't know how or why I have them. They started showing up when we moved here, and my hair has consistently gotten curlier the longer we've lived here. 

I'm not mad about it. I just wish they were more consistent. The top couple layers of my hair are curly as hell, but the bottom layers are just barely wavy. I guess that could be partly because the bottom layers are so much longer than the top layers. I need a hair cut. 

I'm having a hard time figuring out what's different about me, this year. I mean, it's only January 28th, so it's not like I have a whole lot to go on. 

I do know that I'm in a much better place mentally than I was this time last year. Mostly because this time last year, I was stuck in debilitating depression and just barely doing enough to get by day to day. I'm also coping with my mental illnesses better than I was this time last year.

There are other things, like trying to eat healthier, and trying to at least run on the elliptical five out of seven days of the week. I haven't been doing very good with that one, but in my defense, I've been sick a lot this month. I had a weird respiratory thing going on in the beginning of the month, and then I dealt with migraines and stomach pain for a while. But I've gotten on the elliptical more days than I've skipped, and we even went to the lake to walk around one of the days that it was 50 and everything was melting. 

I'm also more determined this year than I was last year. I've got shit I want to do, and I'm going to push through any obstacles and do them. Somehow. 

💜

This series inspired by a writing challenge from Living Off Love and Coffee. Find the full list here.


Comments