30 Days of Little L - Day 29

Day 29 - In the past month, what have you learned?

Learning is Hanging Out | Alan Levine
I'm actually surprised by how much I've learned in the past month. I figured this here writing challenge would be a whole lot of me parroting stuff I've said other places, and very little of me actually learning new things about myself, but it hasn't. 

In fact, one of the most important lessons, I think, is that I'm not who I was 20 years ago. In fact, that person doesn't even exist anymore. It's a shame that it took this long. It sucks that people got hurt along the way. I'd give just about anything to take that hurt back from them. Even the ones who hurt me first and worse. But I can't. All I can do is learn from my mistakes and move on. So that's what I'm doing. 

I've learned that I have to stop living in the past. There's nothing I can do about it. The world keeps spinning no matter how much I want it to stop, and I have to either get busy living or get busy dying. I don't want to die. So it's the living thing.

I've also learned that time management is hard. Especially with my nose so firmly planted in social media. I'm going to have to start restricting my social media time if I want to do the things I want to do. Especially once the ground thaws and I have to get busy in the garden. 

I can't wait to get busy in the garden.

And finally, I've learned that life is short. You can't afford to sit on your laurels and hope for the best. You have to grab life by the balls and make the best. Live your best life. And that's what I'm going to do.

💜

This series inspired by a writing challenge from Living Off Love and Coffee. Find the full list here.



Comments